If you’ve just moved in your condo, you must be excited thinking of high rise decorating ideas. Before you get into the shopping mode, you first need to know what you need to buy. High rise condos may have amazing amenities, but they also have a smaller living space area compared to a single-family home so it’s not a good idea to go on an unplanned shopping spree.
Decorating Tips to Remember
Is there a rule to decorating your home’s interior space? Some people have hard rules when it comes to decorating. Others follow the “whatever looks great” rule.
Decorate your high rise condo according to preferences. After all, it is your private space, the place where you can relax, experience peace and serenity. It is your haven in the city, and as such, must reflect what you are looking for in a home.
Before anything else, decide on how you want your living space to look. What is your personal style?
Do you prefer the modern style or the minimal style? Perhaps you like the industrial look better than the eclectic style.
Knowing your personal style will make decorating easier and fun. Find inspiration online.
Here are some simple rules you have to follow in decorating a high rise.
- Planning is the key. Start by making a list of everything that you need. This is so you can identify which furniture is needed to make an appealing living space.
You don’t get a lot of space in a condo, so you want to maximize the space you have without sacrificing function and style.
Because high rise residences offer limited space, you obviously can’t have everything, but at least you have the things you need.
When you’ve created the list, create a drawing board of how you want the space to look and where the furniture will go.
- Measure everything. You may love that cool dining set, but does it fit your space? If you are buying furniture and decor for your new home, make sure you know the right size that will fit your living space. Always measure the items before purchasing.
- Think of the style and layout of your unit. Consider the size, style, and layout of your condo before doing any decor projects.
A studio type condo doesn’t have much space to work with so you have to consider the kind and size of furniture you have to use.
Suite type and penthouse condos offer more space, so you have more room to decorate and style. These type of condo units can take in larger furniture.
- Remember the 3/3 rule when it comes to painting. When it comes to painting, the 3/3 rule states that the darkest color stay near the ground, the middle colors reflect the colors of life and plants, and the lightest colors on the upper third.
If you are to paint your condo and you’d want to have color variations, the 3/3 rule will give your condo the variation and color texture you want.
Or you can simply paint your living space one color and just have an accent wall. That would also work.
- Splurge on some things and save on other things. You don’t need to fill your condo with expensive items. Buy only the furniture you really like.
- Decorate according to what suits your lifestyle. You don’t have to follow any rules when it comes to decorating your home. Decorate with your preferences in mind and what you want in your life.
How to Decorate a High Rise
Make your high rise home come alive with the following decorating ideas:
1. Define spaces. A condo has one large space with a kitchen area on one side and several smaller spaces for bedrooms. One of the challenges of decorating a high rise residence is defining the space for the living room, the dining room, and the kitchen.
Using a rug can help define the different spaces.
2. Make use of corner spaces. When you live in a smaller space, you need to make the most out of it. This includes using your corner areas.
Create a reading nook by adding a corner bookcase. Make a fun statement by adding a stylish decor.
3. Buy for form and function. We love buying decorative items because of their visual impact, but when living in small spaces, buy items that offer form and function.
4. Opt for modular pieces. Modular pieces are versatile and can be combined in different forms. You can get different looks from several pieces. They are also handy and easy to transport.
5. Accessorize the windows. Living in a high rise gives you magnificent views. Adding curtains all the way up to the ceiling will make your windows look much taller and bigger.
6. Add storage. You don’t get a lot of storage space in a condo. Adding furniture pieces like open shelves give you more space to store items without taking up too much space.
7. Think of symmetry. Design rules are constantly changing. It is subjective, being highly dependent on the preference of the person designing the space.
8. The odd-numbered group looks better than the even-numbered group. Have you heard of the rule of three’s? Interior decorators say odd-number grouping creates more visual interest than even numbered groupings.
Don’t Forget the Balcony
Most of Las Vegas high rise residences offer a balcony or terrace for each unit. With great views all around, a balcony offers not just a space to get better views, it is also a good space to relax and unwind.
This is especially true if your balcony is decorated in a way that offers relaxation and a sense of serenity. To turn your balcony into an outdoor oasis, here are a few tips you can use:
1. Add some plants. A balcony does not look complete without plants. Adding some greenery to an outdoor space gives it a private and serene vibe. You can use hanging plants, bamboo plants in small pots. flowering plants, the choice is up to you.
2. Furnish it. The balcony can look much more inviting when you furnish it. Then it becomes the kind of place you’d like to relax and spend some time in.
If you have a narrow balcony, one chair, one small coffee table, and two small flower pots can turn your balcony into a simple yet cozy place, perfect for relaxation. Or you can add an iron bench and a garden stool on each side.
If you have a larger space, you can install some wooden slots on the wall where you can hang your plants. Create a dining area where you can enjoy the sun.
3. Accessorize. Adding some visual cues like twinkle lights or rope lighting can turn your balcony into an almost magical space, especially at night. Be sure to check with your HOA if twinkling lights are allowed.
Another great option is to place some scented candles on top of a small coffee table or a garden stool. Simple, but elegant.
4. Look down. Balcony floors often don’t get a lot of love. They are just there to be stepped on. But you can make your balcony more inviting by adding an outdoor rug under the seating area.
Turn your Las Vegas high rise condo into your city haven. Go for decor that you love and best reflect your sense of style. Experience the best of condo living in your beautifully-decorated condo.